Wednesday 19 October 2016

And then...

And then the metal clenched around my wrist, in a way it never did before. I looked around, taken aback by such a weird way in which the bracelet has responded. it was the last thing you gave to me, I still remember how you stood there at the doorway looking at me half asleep, half awake, trying to get done with the awful day i was having. you whispered my name, I know it was barely audible, but you know right, the heart hears what it wants to, and so turned around, just to find you gawking at me, a sheepish grin spread across your face. the way it always used to I took a step towards you but by then you had almost leaped at me, pulling me in you embrace in one swift motion. I don't remember how long we remained like that, lost in each other's embrace, waiting for the latter to pull away, but yes, this much I do remember that by the time we pulled apart, you had already put the bracelet around my left wrist. and now when I look around to catch a glimpse of yours, perhaps standing in the doorway, though I know odds are against me and the possibility is next to none, I still smile foolishly.

Share this

0 Comment to "And then..."

Post a Comment